The Green Bean Casserole is a staple for many Thanksgiving tables. But with the fried onions and creamy mushroom soup they become pretty calorie laden. Heres a delicious and guilt free alternative that everyone can enjoy!
- 12 oz green beans, trimmed (make sure they are dry)
- 1 medium red onion sliced into rings
- 8oz small mushrooms sliced
- Cooking spray
- Salt + Pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt
- 1 1/2 tbsp shredded parmesan
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum (for easy clean-up).
- Lay green beans, onions, and muchrooms out on the baking sheet and spray generously with cooking spray. Season with salt, pepper and garlic salt and toss to evenly coat.
- Spread them out on the sheet so that they all lay flat and place on the lower third section of your oven. Bake 10 minutes, shake the pan to turn; bake 5 additional minutes. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with grated cheese.
* Note you can switch out green beans for asparagus instead if you prefer.